Trip & Fuel Oversize Overweight Superload

We supply ALL American and Canadian temporary permits to hundreds of carriers every day! NOVA's reputation is built on the excellence of its customer service; our company is very professional with high standards and a thorough respect of laws, rules and regulations that govern our industry. We take much pride in maintaining the excellent relationships that we have built over the years with many DOT authorities.

Here are the permit types that we can obtain for you:

Trip and Fuel permits:
If your company is not registered under IRP (International Registration Plan) or under IFTA (International Fuel Tax Agreement), you might need to obtain trip and/or fuel permits if you travel outside of your registered state or province. Here are the rules that determine if a trip and fuel permit is needed:

  • Power unit having two (2) axles and a gross vehicle weight or registered gross vehicle weight in excess of 26, 000 pounds (11 794 kgs); or
  • Power unit having three (3) or more axles, regardless of weight; or
  • Used in combination of two vehicles (2) when the weight of such combination exceeds 26 000 pounds (11 794 kgs) gross vehicle weight.

Oversize/Overweight Fuel permits:
If your overall dimensions (power unit, trailer, load) exceed the following legal dimensions, you will be required to obtain a special hauling permit in most states or provinces:

  • Width: 8 feet 6 inches (2.6 meters)
  • Length: 65 feet (20.7 meters) - (may vary depending on the state/province)
  • Height: 13 feet 6 inches (4.15 meters)
  • Weight: 80 000 pounds (36 290 kgs)

Click HERE to view a list of the most common permits that we obtain on a regular basis on behalf of our customers, and the codes identifying each permit. Please note that this is only a partial list and that other permits are available.